Engage in EDS Awareness Month
May is EDS (Ehlers-Danlos Syndromes) and HSD (Hypermobility Spectrum Disorders) Awareness Month and 2020 is off with a bang!
Greater awareness will benefit everyone with hypermobility disorders. Check out these special announcements so you too can learn more about these complex disorders. Please share and help spread the word.
1. Buy and read Disjointed - Navigating the Diagnosis and Management of Hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and Hypermobility Spectrum Disorders, a new book released just in time for EDS Awareness Month.
I am proud to be a contributing author of this important book about hypermobile EDS and Hypermobility Spectrum Disorders (details below). Disjointed is for patients with hEDS/HSD and the physicians who treat them. All contributors donated their time and expertise.
Get your copy of the extremely valuable resource today. The price, $49.95 + $3.99 shipping (USD), is a worthwhile investment.
I am hosting a live Q&A with the editor, Diana Jovin, on Wednesday, May 20, at noon EST. Follow my Facebook page for more information.
With 21 specialist & 6 resource chapters, Disjointed brings together physician, patient, and parent perspectives to support the goal of earlier and more complete intervention.
Length: 688 pages, with color illustrations
With specialist chapters by: Paldeep Atwal, M.D., Richard Barnum, M.D., Linda Bluestein, M.D., Pradeep Chopra, M.D., Tania Dempsey, M.D., Shanda Dorff, M.D., Matthew Hamilton, M.D., Kristin Herman, M.D., Myles Koby, M.D., Petra Klinge, M.D. & Abby McElroy D.V.M, M.S., Anne Maitland, M.D., Andrew J. Maxwell, M.D., John Mitakides, D.D.S., Alan G. Pocinki, M.D., Lila Rosenthal, M.D., David Saperstein, M.D., Jill Schofield, M.D., Jordan Tishler, M.D., Sarah Seward Ph.D., Jennifer Varga M.P.H., R.D., Emily Block OTR/L, Nancy Block P.T, A.T.Ret., and more...
2. Listen to DanceWell podcast. This fantastic podcast covers a diverse set of topics pertinent to dancers at any stage of their career.
Check out my interview on Episode 67: "More on Hypermobility: Common Presentations of EDS". Write a review. Share. Subscribe.
3. Listen to episodes of the podcast Bendy Bodies with the Hypermobility MD.
Check out the latest episode, "Demystifying Genetics with Paldeep Atwal, M.D.", and watch for these upcoming episodes:
"Cultivating Psychological Skills for COVID-19 with Bonnie Robson, M.D."
"Educating the Dance Community with physiotherapist Lisa Howell"
"Understanding Hypermobility Disorders with Linda Bluestein, M.D."
Follow Bendy Bodies so you don't miss an episode.
Subscribe to Lisa Howell's YouTube Channel for some great videos on managing hypermobility.
Read Jennifer Milner's blog to learn how she trains hypermobile bodies.
4. Participate in the Instagram Livestream, "Training the hypermobile body: The benefits of strength training", with Registered Physiotherapists and fellow Pivot Dancer expert, Geneviève Renaud, and me on Wednesday, May 13 at 4 PM EST.
Follow my instagram page for details.
5. Join The Ehlers-Danlos Society May 2020 EDS and hypermobility spectrum disorder challenge!
YOU can help spread awareness and credible information about hypermobility disorders! Together we can make a difference!
Dr. Linda Bluestein